In 2011, there were 1,084 posts made to the e-mint group. September was the slowest month with 43 messages and January was the most active with 175 messages.
We managed to have 4 e-mintup f2f sessions during the year, including 1 in Bristol. Thanks to the e-minters who organised those! (If you’re interested in helping us organise an evening, please get in touch).
And after years & years of people suggesting e-mint host a conference, we’re putting our toe in the water with Vircomm Summit 2012 on Feb 9th. The lovely & wonderful Rebecca Newton & Oxana Morozowska have been working hard to bring together an amazing schedule of events.
If you haven’t purchased a ticket for this event, get in quick! Early bird tickets have been extended til Jan 9th!
On the list, we talked about a whole range of topics including:
- Should a community for 5-12 year olds have a Facebook page (as FB doesn’t allow those age groups)?
- Profanity filters – good? bad? useless?
- Facebook, Facebook, Facebook & some more Facebook
- Social media vs online community – what are the differences
- Is social media too young of a field to have ‘experts’ and ‘gurus’?
- Should you delete a community member’s posts when the member deactivates their account
- Lots of job postings!
Hope everyone has a fantastic 2012! – Jen